Angelic Dial Angelic Dial

This is pleasant to listen to. I want to hear more of this same style.

JuneNeverhood responds:

Thank you very much AuruxBlu! I liked your music too!

Distant Oasis [sample] Distant Oasis [sample]

Thought I'd give you some feedback on where you're going wrong. So...

First off, the whole thing seems to be too short even for a demo/sample. From what I heard your samples are weak and generic. Sounds like samples from the FL Studio bank and honestly feels like no effort went into it at all.

Don't be afraid to add more patterns. I think I heard around 8 patterns total... I could be wrong. Being that it's Trance you should start working on build ups and break downs. Build ups are typically used for DJ's to help blend in tracks without rushing the process so it seems natural. Some people hate intros but I love them. It adds a lot of anticipation through out the song and gives it more energy. Start practicing on your break downs, too. Make it epic when it happens and use spacey pads to give it atmosphere. Use your imagination.

I didn't hear a bassline either.. Don't forget bass is another important musical element and needs to be used.

Anyways, this review was kind of brief because I am short on time, but hope this helps.

-AuruxBlu

Trinity Trinity

Ok, so it's 12:29 a.m. and I can't sleep so I thought I'd browse through some of the tops this week which I hardly do. But, I am glad I clicked on this one because it is absolutely wonderful. You can just close your eyes and let it take you through a deep journey in which only your imagination can limit. Halfways through I started to get some Prince of Persia vibes which were great.

-Instrumentation and percussion-

I loved your choice of instruments you chose to use. I have never played Monster Hunter before but, telling from the music in which you chose to elaborate upon tells me it sounds like a neat game to play. As far as variety goes I didn't hear too many repeates of patterns that you composed.

The percussion you used was very neat. I loved those bongos, man. I have always loved bongos and you did a nice job building a beat that sounded almost as if you were playing them yourself. As for the rest of the percussion I can't complain about any of the other drums, percs and hits you used. Everything seemed to be mixed properly and sounded good.

-Transitions-

-Conclusion-

Fact: This is probably the biggest review I have ever written o_0.. But it was well worth it due to all the hard work and effort that went into this. This certainly gave me a lot of inspiration I gotta' say. All of the instruments and percussion were mixed nicely. I can't really give you anymore criticism other than mentioned above. I enjoyed listening to it and look forward to more stuff like this in the future from you.

5/5

Step responds:

Damn, that's a big review! Thanks a million, I love it!

"Ok, so it's 12:29 a.m. and I can't sleep so I thought I'd browse through some of the tops this week which I hardly do."

Mhmm I don't do that much either. I really should start doing it more often now, but I've always got so much to do!

"But, I am glad I clicked on this one because it is absolutely wonderful."

Awesome, thanks!

"You can just close your eyes and let it take you through a deep journey in which only your imagination can limit. Halfways through I started to get some Prince of Persia vibes which were great."

Prince of Persia vibes? Hm I think I see where you're getting at too, especially in the "Loc Lac, Be Eternal" theme.

"I loved your choice of instruments you chose to use. I have never played Monster Hunter before but, telling from the music in which you chose to elaborate upon tells me it sounds like a neat game to play."

It really is! One of my favourite Wii games ever. I'm not lying when I say I've spent over 1,000 hours on it. Thanks to it I've even met some of the most awesome people ever, including someone who got me in touch with another person who is currently directing a collaborative Metroid album called Harmony of Hunter: 101% Run, to which I've been lucky enough to contribute three tracks.

So yeah, I've got a lot to thank the game for other than the many hours of entertainment :P.

"As far as variety goes I didn't hear too many repeates of patterns that you composed."

That's good to know. I always try and make sure my tracks aren't repetitive.

"The percussion you used was very neat. I loved those bongos, man. I have always loved bongos and you did a nice job building a beat that sounded almost as if you were playing them yourself."

I love bongos too! So far I haven't made an orchestral track which doesn't have bongos in it, in fact. It's just so fun making beats out of them. With a drum kit it isn't as easy to be creative because the generally-accepted drum rhythm simply involves a snare every other beat, a hat line and some bass drums, but with bongos I can try new stuff easily.

"As for the rest of the percussion I can't complain about any of the other drums, percs and hits you used. Everything seemed to be mixed properly and sounded good."

Thank you, glad you liked the percussion!

"There were some parts that didn't flow right into the other such as part two, "Loc Lac, Be Eternal" theme. Sounded like it was out of place and didn't feel like it was supposed to be there. Other than that you did a good job mixing all of the themes. For the most part I couldn't tell when you introduced a new theme."

Yeah I totally agree about the iffy transitions. That's one of the weakest points of the track in my opinion. It's really not that easy to make good transitions in a medley, but this is pretty much the first time I've ever attempted a medley of this size so I suppose I might get there sometime with practice.

"Fact: This is probably the biggest review I have ever written o_0.. But it was well worth it due to all the hard work and effort that went into this."

Damn, I'm honoured to get your biggest review! Thanks.

"This certainly gave me a lot of inspiration I gotta' say. All of the instruments and percussion were mixed nicely."

Good to know.

"I can't really give you anymore criticism other than mentioned above. I enjoyed listening to it and look forward to more stuff like this in the future from you."

Thanks a million for the fantastic review, man. I really appreciate it!

Return to Atlants (RemiX) Return to Atlants (RemiX)

So far so good but still needs a lot of work. Sounds like you used a Sytrus preset by the name of "trance pluck" that comes in around 0:15 but I could be wrong... If so I would focus on creating your own sound and stop using presets ANYONE can use.. You also need to add some pads and strings to make it more complete. Sounds more like progressive trance though... All in all I like the vibes. Now finish it. :D

kirja100 responds:

hmm...
What are you meaning about using presets? -Lead or Bass? - It is my bass, all, what you are hear on this track: kick, clap, hat and e.t.c, made by me only :D It's ok! ahhaa - Only lead(yeah trance pluck) from PoiZone, but it was made for using sounds, not for waching :)
Thank you.
Enjoy!

Tim - S45 [wip?] Tim - S45 [wip?]

Lovin' those juicy beats mang. Very chill out n' smooth.

said the boogie man

Avi - eye to eye (tc rmx) Avi - eye to eye (tc rmx)

No duckplane ate the fish dude... Poor ol' bastard. Oh, nice build up btw..

D-Chain responds:

and the fisherman who caught the duckplane with his duckfishing rod ate the duckplane AND the fish.

Rainy Window Rainy Window

Beautiful

Seems almost as if you could be suspended in time and just contemplate everything on your mind, as if it was a rainy day and you were just wondering how long it would go on for. What better to think stuff out and relax.

Bristlestorm responds:

Thanks - I like the "suspended" idea!

SR - Evening Doldrum SR - Evening Doldrum

Hmmm

This is one happy tune that is some what uplifting. Not sure how to quite explain it. The guitar riffs were sorta out of place durng certain times in the song but it gave it more character. Sorta feels like background music to something that is building up anticipation in a movie scene right before the big scene emerges with gun fights or something like that..

Essentials [MSB] Essentials [MSB]

Wha-Wha-Wha

Digging what you got goin' on here. Cool opening with the vocoded vocals. I had this song stuck in my head for awhile.. Looking foward to hearing more of this from you.

GrantBowtie responds:

Thanks, appreciate the review!

Angel Wing(Promo Mix) Angel Wing(Promo Mix)

Meow

Calming with a hint of progressive house/trance. Percussion is awesome along with the bass. Not too much to say other than that. Look forward to hearing more from you.

D-Chain responds:

thanks and yeah the percs are somewhat exotic :)